The McAuley family has moved to Zambia for a 2 year (maybe more) stint as Jim takes on a role with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Global AIDS Program. Amy and the kids will keep themselves busy with school and serving God in ways only He knows.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Waiting

It is Sunday, five days since surgery. I still have a fair bit of abdominal pain around the various holes. No appetite but I am careful to eat a full balanced diet to help the healing process. We walked about 5 blocks to a large mall in Pretoria. It was so much like any mall in the US or Europe, hard to believe we are in Africa (at least not the Africa of my stereotypes).  We had declined to interview for a CDC spot in Pretoria and both Amy and I commented that we are glad – it really would have been like being back in the US. We went to a movie and out to lunch, stopped in a bookstore where I purchased a tome on colonialism in Africa, and then walked back to our bed and breakfast.
Amy found this place which is within walking distance to the CDC offices – but I think the real reason she picked it is because it is across from an amazing bird sanctuary! I may never get her to go back to the kids, at least not until she sees the 108 birds listed as being found in the sanctuary! I have to agree with her that it is healing to observe God’s wonderful creation.
Thank you for the continued prayers.
Jim

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete