The McAuley family has moved to Zambia for a 2 year (maybe more) stint as Jim takes on a role with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Global AIDS Program. Amy and the kids will keep themselves busy with school and serving God in ways only He knows.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Miriam's first impressions

            My mom, Ruth and I went for a walk. We went to several stores. We had to cross streets with no speed limits or stop lights of any kind. Some guys whistled at us on our way back from the stores. I was afraid someone who was driving their car might hit us.  We saw several stores, Block Buster, Subway, and several other places that looked interesting. I hope to explore the Block Buster store sometime while we are here. I do not know when we are getting the puppy.  I might start riding horseback more often. I miss my friends and family who are still in the United States.  I found a spider in the shower this morning, that was a little unexpected. Our cat is here in Zambia with us. He seems to be enjoying himself. I am still waiting for the boxes that we shipped here including the box with my DVDS. It is ok, so far we are in a temporary house. I wish my DVDs would get here so I would have something to do besides work on my story I’m writing.  I also might get the chance to help out at the animal shelter called LAWS I still have to look into that. 
       There is a group called Chikambuso for widows with HIV/AIDS and orphans. The women make bags and purses out of recycled plastic bags in all colors. Ruth and I helped them by looping them which is the first step. we did not crochet any yet. Tomorrow we are supposed to go and visit the school where there are 300 children and 6 teachers. We are hoping to be able to help out or whatever they want us to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment