The McAuley family has moved to Zambia for a 2 year (maybe more) stint as Jim takes on a role with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Global AIDS Program. Amy and the kids will keep themselves busy with school and serving God in ways only He knows.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Avoiding dishes

Well, the only reason why I am posting is to avoid doing the dishes. So I need to make this long. Well I really like the weather here. It's nice and sunny all day, but apparently in October the heat is absolutely brutal. The school is pretty cool because when your walking to each of your classes you have to walk outside so you're always getting fresh air between every class which is nice especially after PE when you're really hot.
One thing that's going to take getting use to is the money. You see one US dollar is equivilent to 5000 kwacha. So during the first week when someone asked for 10000 kwacha my first reaction was "10000!? Heck no!" but then I realized that was only 2 dollars. Also the food at the school is very cheap. Its 2000 kwacha for a ice cream bar (40 cents), 1500 for a bag of popcorn (30 cents, and the bags are pretty decent sized). And for a Swift, which is a fruit drink that is like the same size as a coke, its 4000 (80 cents). So I can bring 10pin (pin is a symbol for a thousand, so 10pin is really 10000) to school and get a drink, ice cream bar, and popcorn.
Well the dishes are now done so I will be signing off. I hope everyone in the US is doing fine. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment