The McAuley family has moved to Zambia for a 2 year (maybe more) stint as Jim takes on a role with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Global AIDS Program. Amy and the kids will keep themselves busy with school and serving God in ways only He knows.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Bread making

The first effort at bread making was a disaster. The bread tasted good but was only an inch and a half tall. I am not sure if this was because of the yeast, which did not bubble, the sugar which is very larg grained, the flour, the oven or the fact that i was using a bread recipe from Malawi that did not have any liquid listed so i went on the internet and checked out a few recipes and guesstimated the amount of liquid as well as which step to add it and when to knead and how long to allow it to rise. I bought a loaf of bread at the store today and will make another attempt now that Caryl and Alice have sent some tried and true recipes including my Grandmother Winifred's rolls. If this fails I will try a different brand of yeast.
This afternoon we are being picked up for a BBQ at the Ambassador's for new families to meet old families. I have learned of a Moms in Touch group that is meeting weekly. I know those I usually pray with Kim Klamm, Irene Doyle, Anne Peterson, and Julie Stamos will be excited to hear of this international connection.I am hoping for some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment